Cerasuolo di Vittoria born in Vittoria, when his founder Vittoria Colonna Henriquez decided to give away to the first 75 settlers a hectare of land on condition that they cultivated another hectare vineyard. It was therefore an expansion of the vineyards in this beautiful area of Sicily, which is between the current provinces of Ragusa, Catania and Caltanissetta. It is produced with grapes from Nero d’Avola and Frappato has a cherry red color and a flavor dry, full, round, nicely fragrant and it is good paired with red meats, grilled meats, game and typical Sicilian dishes. The recent history of the Cerasuolo di Vittoria is enriched in 2005 with the concession, only in Sicily DOCG (CONTROLLED DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN AND GUARANTEED) The professionalism of the area has contributed winemakers and still contributes to increasing the quality and reputation of Cerasuolo di Vittoria, as evidenced by the awards in national and international field of wines produced by the reference geographical area. Sicily, Terre di Giurfo.
Cerasuolo di Vittoria D.O.C.G. Maskaria – Terre di Giurfo
- APPELLATlON OF ORIGIN: Cerasuolo di Vittoria D.O.C.G. (Denomination of Controlled Origin Garanted).
- TYPE OF WINE: Red.
- GRAPE SOURCE: Licodia Eubea (CT).
- VARIETAL: 40% Frappato, 60% Nero d’Avola.
- VINEYARD YEAR: 1998.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: 8 tons.
- CULTIVATION SYSTEM: Espallier.
- PLANTING DENSITY: 4000 / 5000 plants per hectare.
- HARVEST PERIOD: End of september.
- VINIFICATION: In red with maceration on skins.
- FERMENTATION TANKS: Stainless-steel, 150 hl. capacity.
- FERMENTATION TEMPERATURE: 25° / 28°C.
- AGEING: Refining in stainless-steel, followed in bottle.
- BOTTLING PERIOD: Early march.
- MACERATION PERIOD: 10-15 days on skins.
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.50% vol.
- AGEING CAPACITY: 4-5 years.
- ALTITUDE: 500 meters above sea level.
- MICROCLIMATE: Rainy winters moderate temperatures, and dry hot summers.
- SOIL: Medium texture soil tending to compact, interspersed whit limy tufa.
- COLOR: Deep cherry red.
- BOUQUET: Ethereal, with notes of blackberry and raspberry.
- TASTE: Pleasant and harmonic, slightly tannic and velvety.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 – 18°C.
- FOOD TO PAIR WITH: Elaborated meat dishes, roasts, stewed meats, and seasoned cheeses.